In recent years, Danville has received several honors, including a place on “Money” magazine’s list of the best places to retire and the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s Great American Main Street Award. The city prides itself on its ability to continually evolve, maintaining a proper balance between holding on to its history and enthusiastically embracing the modern world. Part of this balance involves ensuring that paved surfaces are properly maintained so that the city always presents a good impression to the area’s residents as well as the many visitors that come to Danville to shop, tour the historic sites or conduct county business. Services such as asphalt paving, concrete repairs, sealcoating, asphalt overlays, pavement markings and asphalt repairs are commonly requested by property owners in Danville, KY.
Danville, KY – The History
Although settlers arrived in the vicinity of Danville as early as 1774, the city was not platted until 1783. Walker Daniel, for whom the town was named, purchased a tract of land and laid out the town on part of his acreage. The town of Danville was officially established by the Virginia legislature in 1787, five years before Kentucky became an independent state. By 1800, there were 270 people living in Danville.
Danville has been nicknamed “The City of Firsts” due to the numerous “firsts” that took place in the town. These include:
• The first courthouse to be built in Kentucky
• The first college west of the Alleghenies
• The first American post office west of the Alleghenies
• The first state-supported school for the hearing impaired
• The first law school west of the Alleghenies
• The first recorded hemp crop planted in Kentucky
In addition, Danville was Kentucky’s first capital city and the first Kentucky constitution was prepared and signed in Danville.
Modern Danville is a thriving community of almost 16,700 people and a diverse economic base. Five colleges and universities have established campuses in the city, including Centre College, a nationally recognized college that was founded in 1819. The city is home to four theatrical venues, several museums, numerous manufacturing facilities and several distribution centers operated by national corporations.
Common Paving Services
Danville hosts several annual events that attract visitors from all over the region. These events include Oktoberfest, the Kentucky State BBQ Festival and the Great American Brass Band Festival. To ensure that their paved surfaces are in proper condition for the many visitors, property owners typically request paving services that fall into one of the following categories.
• Asphalt Paving: This category includes new construction as well as replacement pavements. It also includes milling, asphalt overlays and speed bumps. See more information about Asphalt Paving
• Concrete Work: Concrete work includes new construction and concrete repairs, including crack sealing and concrete patching. See more information about Concrete Services
• Asphalt Repair: Crack filling and pothole repair are the two services that are requested the most often in this category. See more information about Asphalt Repair
• Parking Lot Maintenance: Services in this category include sealcoating, parking lot striping, ADA compliance, traffic signs, car stops and pavement markings. See more information about Asphalt Sealcoating
The Industries APM Serves
APM provides paving services to customers from virtually every industry. Clients include municipalities, shopping malls, churches, educational institutions, hospitals, hotels, apartment complexes, office parks, retailers, restaurants, HOAs, manufacturers, warehouses and commercial buildings.
APM has over 35 years of experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of asphalt and concrete pavements in Danville, KY. Our crews are experienced professionals with a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to provide every customer with exceptional work at affordable rates. We offer an extensive range of services, including asphalt paving, concrete work, asphalt overlays, parking lot maintenance, road construction, asphalt repairs, parking lot striping, curbing, sealcoating and milling. We also install car stops, parking lot signs, speed humps and bumper blocks. You can request a free quote by submitting our online form or calling (859) 299-8111.